This is the current version of this document. You can provide feedback on this policy to the document author - refer to the Status and Details on the document's navigation bar.
Section 1 - Membership
(1) The Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Committee shall be formed periodically with membership to comprise:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Development and Industry) (or nominee) - Presiding Officer;
- Presiding Officer, Academic Senate;
- up to three elected representatives from the Research Committee, who have not participated in Faculty ranking of HDR Scholarships in the current scholarship round; and
- up to two experienced researchers from discipline areas complementary to those represented by the membership above and who have not participated in Faculty ranking of HDR Scholarships in the current scholarship round.
(2) Membership should comprise at least one representative from each Faculty.
(3) Right of Audience and Debate:
Top of Page
- Manager, Research Policy and Coordination, Research Office (or nominee).
Section 2 - Terms of Reference
(4) The Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Committee shall:
- recommend to the Research Committee criteria and selection procedures for the award of Australian Postgraduate Awards (with or without stipend), International Postgraduate Research Scholarships and the Charles Sturt University Postgraduate Research Scholarships;
- periodically conduct the ranking of candidates for HDR scholarships on behalf of the Research Committee; and
- submit recommendations to the Research Committee and the Academic Senate relating to the award of HDR scholarships.